Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

Going to make a small post before my final one of the semester, which will be a wrap of some end-of-the-year projects. Since I just wrote recently, I thought I would take this time to reflect on what I am thankful for in this journey of dance education.

  • I am blessed to be in a district that fully supports, gives, and grows with Fine Arts
  • I am lucky to get to teach each day at a school that has such a wide-variety of dance courses that provides such a well-rounded dance education opportunity to our students
  • I get to sit next to 3 of the most supportive dance ladies, that share my passion of dedication to our students, and have helped make our program thrive
  • I have some preeeetttyyy supportive amazing IT staff on my campus that are always there for my requests at anytime
  • My administration is so supportive of new ideas we have for bringing top-quality dance programming to Cedar Ridge
  • I have access to so many things that others in my same title/position elsewhere do not, and I do not for one day take for granted the iPads, projectors, cords, wifi, studio space that I have access to at all times, and take time like this blog to reflect on that
  • And let's not forget I do have the most amazing students on the planet...I'm just sayin'...
Over the last few weeks we have wrapped up our Fall Performance. Pre-show, students took a quiz in Google Forms regarding production roles/vocabulary. Post-show, students completed Show Reflection in Forms and then accessed their class videos in Classroom to post in SeeSaw and complete a self-reflection.

Our new units began, which brought in new Google Slides for vocabulary and the template feature in GC for those classes, such as Dance 2-4, that needed note-taking on the new unit (displayed in Prezi). 

My Jazz 4 added on to their word vocabulary wall in Padlet. By the end of the year they will have created an amazing resource! 
Ballet classes are using awwapp.com to practice spelling vocabulary learned at the beginning of the semester. 
And Dance Educators have continued to appreciate using GroupMe as a communication tool, Google Classroom for completing reflections, and iPads for music play or the great Randomly app they used with their 4th graders. 
Next up? Project time and a final exams. Will get that next post ready with all of their amazing results!

On a final note, last week I just got back after the amazing 4-day National Dance Education Organization Conference in San Antonio where I was asked to present a 3-hour Intensive on the collaboration of dance and technology. At my session I was able to connect with some amazing, passionate educators and was so blessed to be able to brag on my kiddos for awhile! The following days, I continued to re-connect with old friends, make new contacts, learn from some amazing dance educators from around the nation, and share a common passion for dance and lifelong learning. Click here to get a sneak peek at a little of what I was able to present: "A Look Inside the NextGen Classroom,"
Hope you all have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting.for information regarding dance classes service please visit to the link.
    Best Dance Institute in Lucknow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Move to the Beat

So I am very excited to share this next post! It is a mini-issue focused on two music activities with two of my favorite people: my daughter and my former student-turned-student-teacher Veronica Boccardo! Loopimal Every year my daughter participates in the annual STEAM Fair at Pleasant Hill Elementary in Leander ISD. We engage in a discussion to find a topic that she is interested in researching and then we look for the way make sure we can encompass 1 or more of the STEAM elements in her process and product. As a teacher that strives for creativity and thrives on adding technology, I always help expose her to options of integrating technology into her lesson. Just like our students, they may not always know what is out there or how to use it, but as facilitators of learning we can help lead them both to it and through it. In the past I have exposed her to Thinglink and Shadow Puppet . Both of which were so user friendly, my little smarty-pants was able to complete her project af

5,6,7,8 New year and feeling great!

Welcome back blog readers! 2017 for Cedar Ridge HS dance has gotten off to a great start and I am already excited by the possibilities to come! It's hard to believe the 1st 4 weeks have already flown by and yet as I write this blog I can't believe everything we have already done. Let's check it out! WEEK 1 Sometimes when teachers are asked how they integrate technology into the classroom, they assume that the technology must enhance the student experience. But that couldn't be further from the truth. Technology infusion can also support the teacher. You deserve the streamlining, workload lessening, ease-of-process-magic that technology can give to you too! This year we eased our department to an eye-catching 2 sided syllabus using the program called Canva . We inserted a QR code that lead to our department website , which also displayed our older more extensive syllabus for parents to read. Parents were required to sign a syllabus page that could be signed either

Balletomane

bal·let·o·mane baˈledəˌmān noun:  balletomane ; plural noun:  balletomanes;  a ballet enthusiast So I definitely consider myself a balletomane since a very young age! However, many of my fellow public school teachers would agree that this dance form can often be one of the hardest ones to convince the students of it's importance and the ability to enjoy it.  I was doing ballet with 2 very different classes this last grading period: 1. Academy Ballet: students who actually CHOOSE to take ballet all year long and many repeat it each year 2. Dance 2-4: students that cover multiple genres of dance with ballet probably being their least favorite no matter how enthusiastic or creative I get So, never making anything easy on myself, I decided to try 2 new different projects that were differentiated for the 2 types of classes. One was much more of a success than the other, but that is what I call life-long learning! Every year in December, I am obligated by the ballet Gods